Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Small matter of business

Just a quick note about commenting--when I set up this blog, I had the intention of leaving comments open to all, including anonymous posters. I'd still prefer that, because not everybody has a Google or Open ID etc. account, and if possible will return to that sort of commenting. But already yesterday and today I've had to delete spam comments of the "Nice you very having blog!" with a link to some weird site or other variety. Truth is, I don't have the time to babysit the comment boxes to pull obvious spam on a regular basis, so for now I've switched the comments over to the Google/Open ID setting.

Perhaps when the blog has been going for a bit, the spammers will not be such a problem (I don't often get those sorts of comments on my personal blog, for instance). So we'll see. In the meantime, if you don't have the ability to post comments here but really, really want to say something, feel free to email me at redcardigan (at) gmail (dot) com, and put "Comment for blog" in the subject heading. Then send me your comment along with the post title for the post where you want your comment to appear, and I'll post it for you. Not the best solution, I know, but I'll try to open the comments back up to all in a few days and see how it goes.

Thanks for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment